Tuesday, December 13, 2011

120th Prior to WWII

 









This is a group photo of Company F, 120th Combat Engineers Battalion, 45th Infantry Division, taken July 2, 1941 at Camp Barkeley, Texas. While at Camp Barkeley, the 120th wsa reorganized and redesignated as the 120th Engineer Battalion (Combat.) Company F was reclassified as Company C. I wish I had a copy of the original, but this version, published in the Daily Optic on July 4, 2008, will have to do.

The Daily Optic published a special section in his 2008 holiday issue that paid tribute to its “Hometown Heroes; The Veterans of World War II.” As I mentioned in my previous post, the story was told by historian Maurilio E. Vigil, a retired professor of Political Science and history at New Mexico Highlands University.
Clemente Gallegos

Eloy Gallegos

Carlos Gallegos
Tony DeTevis, Jr.


1 comment:

  1. Gil, I would like to know how to contact you personally via email. Will you please post a way to do this?

    ReplyDelete